I have always liked to use “Markup” in the Mail app on my iPhone. With the ability to let you draw and add text over photos as well as documents as desired, it is a pretty neat feature. With iOS 10, Markup is no longer specific to just Mail app.
As Markup has been added to Photos and Messages apps as well, you can now edit your favorite images in style. Better still, it can bring plenty of fun into your messaging as well.
Willing to use Markup in Photos and Messages on your iPhone? Let’s head over the jump to give it a try!
How to Use Markup in Photos and Messages in iOS 10 on iPhone and iPad
Use Markup in Photos App
Step #1. First off, open Photos app on your iPhone.
Step #2. Next, tap on the edit icon (which looks like three lines with three dot icons) at the bottom. The edit icon is located at the top right corner on your iPad.
Step #3. Now, tap on the extension button (It looks like three dots inside a tiny circle) from the bottom right corner.
Step #4. Tap on Markup at the bottom left corner.
Markup will turn your Live Photos into still photos. In case, you don’t wish your Live Photo to get converted into still photos, you need to duplicate it.
To get it done, open Photos app → select the Live Photo duplicate, tap on the share icon located at the bottom left corner then tap on Duplicate as Still Photo.
Step #5. Tap on Ok in the popup to continue.
Step #6. Now, you have several options to edit your photo to your heart’s content.
- It has as many as eight color options available for drawing and text.
- Markup allows you to make shapes look more defined.
- You have the option to apply magnifying glass.
- Whereas blue circle allows you to change the size of the scope, the green one zooms in and out.
- Tap on the Text icon to write text over the photo. There is an option to use emoji to.
- If you want to apply signature over the image, you need tap on the signature icon from the bottom left corner.
- There are three text formats a size slider, and indention setting.
Step #7. After you have edited the image, you will have to tap on Done at the top right corner to save the changes.
Use Markup in Messages App
Step #1. Open Messages app, then select the contact to which you want to send an image.
Step #2. Tap on the camera icon to access photos.
Step #2. Next, you need to select the photo and tap on it to add markup.
Step #3. Now in order to edit the photo using Markup, you have to follow the above-mentioned process from Step #4.
Go ahead and use Markup to give your photos a dashing look and liven up your messaging experience. Indeed, messaging had never so cool before.