Accessibility is one of the most significant features in iOS 10. Lashed with exceptionally helpful features like VoiceOver, AssistiveTouch, Color Filters, Zoom and more, it has been created to be a magnificent asset for users. To be more precise, Accessibility can work as a highly user-friendly tool for those with motor skill impairments, visual impairments, color blindness etc.
Do you know that you can activate your Accessibility features like Color Filters just by triple-clicking the Home button on your iPhone? It’s very easy to enable and use Accessibility shortcut. Let’s head over the jump to find out!
How to enable and use the Accessibility shortcut on iPhone and iPad
Step #1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
Step #2. Next, you need to tap on General.
Step #3. Tap on Accessibility.
Step #4. Now, you have to scroll down and tap on Accessibility Shortcut at the bottom.
Step #5. Select the option(s) you want to perform by triple-clicking the Home button of your iPhone.
Following are the options you can select.
- Touch Accommodations: It enables you to adjust the way the screen of your iOS device responds to taps and holds.
- VoiceOver: It lets your iPhone speak to you. It’s a very helpful feature for people with visual impairments.
- Invert Colors: It allows you to invert colors across your iPhone. It can be a very handy feature for the people with color blindness.
- Color Filters: It lets you change the color layout of the screen on your iOS device.
- Reduce White Point: It enables you to reduce the intensity of bright colors. If you have color sensitivities or color blindness, it can be very helpful for you.
- Zoom: It enables you to zoom the Home screen as well as other content in order to provide more visibility. Using two or three finger gestures to tap and pan around on your iPhone.
- Switch Control: When enabled, it allows you to use external switches, or even the screen of your device, as a switch for motor accessibility.
- AssistiveTouch: It allows you to access several hardware buttons and gesture controls with just single taps. It’s an exceptionally handy feature for people with motor impairments
Step #6. After you have selected your preferred option, you need to triple-click the Home button in order to activate the function you have just selected.
Step #7. To disable the function, you need to triple-click the Home button of your device again.
Note: Just in case, you have selected more than one options, just triple-click the Home button and then choose the function you want to use.