Nowadays, buying a new iPhone with carrier considered as a better option. Most of the carriers lock only to use the phone to their network. Sometimes you likes other carries data plan and want to switch from the current carrier. Do not worry, and you still have an option to change the carriers. Here is an easy guide to unlock your Sprint iPhone or switch to another network.
Unlike Verizon, Sprint has very strict and confusing rules while you purchase a new phone. If you have bought a new iPhone after February 2015, the device will unlock automatically when it eligible once. If you purchased an iPhone before February 2015, Sprint would not automatically unlock your device. They will ping you when your device is ready to unlock and you ought to take initiate to unlock your device.
Unlocking Criteria for Domestic Usage
Sprint will unlock your device only if your device meets following requirements:
- The device must be domestic SIM unlock capable.
- The device has been active on the Sprint network for a minimum 50 days.
- You were fulfill associated Service Agreement, Instalment Billing Agreement, or Lease.
- Agreement with payment in full of any applicable early termination fees or end-of-lease purchase options.
- The associated account is in a good position.
- The device should not have been registered as lost or stolen and connected with any fraudulent activity.
Unlocking Criteria for International Usage
- The device must be international SIM unlock capably.
- The requesting person must be current Sprint customer and have authenticated as Account holder and authorized contact.
- The applicable account has been currently active on a Sprint account for at least 90 days.
- The associated account is in good position.
- Each phone number on the account is allowed up to two unlock devices in a year.
- The device has not been reported as lost or stolen and associated with any fraudulent activity.
If your device fulfilled all above criteria, then you contact the Sprint Customer Care (1-888-211-4727) to apply for the Domestic SIM Unlock and Sprint Worldwide Care (888-226-7212) to apply for the International SIM Unlock.
How to Unlock Sprint iPhone via Keys2iPhone.com
You can also unlock your iPhone easily and quickly with the help of third party service. The Keys2iPhone.com is one best third party service provider for unlocking iPhone within 24 hours. But, you will have to play for it.
Step #1. Go to https://keys2iphone.com/
Step #2. Choose your iPhone Model and select a currently locked carrier.
Once your iPhone has unlocked successfully, you will be able to switch to another network by the following the instruction below:
Step #1. Switch Off your device first.
Step #2. Next, remove existing SIM card and insert new SIM card on your iPhone slot.
Step #3. Now, Restart your iPhone and follow the on-screen instructions to set-up your iPhone.
Well, now it depends on you choose the method as per your preference. If you do not have time to follow the long and frustrating process of Sprint, then the third-party service would be the best route to unlock Sprint iPhone.
You wouldn’t want to miss out on these equally interesting posts:
- How to Use Digital Touch in iMessages App in iOS 10 on iPhone or iPad
- How to Reset Restrictions Passcode on iPhone or iPad
- How to Remove/Disable Camera Access from Lock Screen on iOS 10
- How to Hide or Unhide Images in iOS 10 Photos app on iPhone and iPad
If you have any questions regarding the topic, you can give your feedback directly through comments and our social media pages.