From the beginning, Android has easy-to-use features, and simplicity compared to iOS or other Mobile OS. Transfering files from Android to Windows PC is easy. Connect to USB, select storage or data transfer mode, and that is done. A drive will show in a Windows Explorer. However, transferring files from Android to Mac is not that easy. The reason behind Mac is more secure OS and restricts any unsecured transfer between devices, and that is the reason Mac users always prefer to use iOS devices.
But if you are using an Android phone and MacOS on a workstation devices then you must read this post. Over here you will find a way to transfer files from Android to Mac easily with the help of a third party App. An app I am talking about is user-friendly and works with Mac OS X 10.5 or later versions and Android 3.0 or later versions.
Let’s find out how you can transfer a file from Android to Mac using “Android File Transfer” App.
How to Transfer Files from Android to Mac
Step #1. First off, you need to download and install Android File Transfer on your Mac.
Step #2. Open Android File Transfer.
Step #3. Next, connect your Android device to your Mac using the USB cable.
Step #4. Turn on your device. Then, swipe down from the top of the screen to see the notifications.
You need to tap into the USB for… notification.
Step #5. Tap on Transfer files (MTP).
Step #6. You should see an Android File Transfer window on your Mac. Now, you have to use it to drag and drop files.
Step #7. Once you have transferred your files, unplug the USB cable.
That’s all! You have successfully transferred your files.
Can’t Transfer files from Android to Mac? Tips to Fix
If you are unable to transfer files from your Android smartphone to Mac, check out these tips to troubleshoot the issue.
- Since not all USB cables can transfer files, give a different USB cable a try.
- Try to test the mini-USB port on your device. To do so, connect your device to a different computer.
- Test the USB port on your Mac. Connect a camera or other device with USB.
- Must ensure that Android File Transfer is compatible with your computer. Your Mac must be running OS X 10.5 or later.
- Your device must be running Android 3.0 or later.
- Must ensure that Android File Transfer app is open.
- Make sure your Android device is running the latest version. Update it to the latest version available.
- Reboot your smartphone/tablet by pressing the Power button for about 30 seconds.
- Restart your Mac.
That’s it! Assuming these tricks help you transfer files easily.
Whether it’s transferring files from iPhone to Android, transferring files from iCloud Drive to Google Drive, migrating photos from iOS to Android or transferring iCloud calendar to Android, you can easily get them done.