I usually enjoy a lot using the Android operating system on my OnePlus device. But, sometimes it gives a headache when it uses extreme cellular data and drains the battery as well. And, the automatically updating Apps is one of the major reason for it. Considering these issue. I decided to turn off automatic app updates on my Android phone.
Well, there is no specific trick to disable app update on Android. It quite official step to do it right deep inside the setting of the Google Play Store. So, Just read on to learn How to Stop Apps from Auto Updating on Android Phone.
How to Turn Off Automatic App Updates on Android Phone
Step #1. First off, you have to launch Google Play Store on your Android device.
Step #2. Tap on the hamburger icon (three horizontal lines) from the top-left.
Step #3. Tap on Settings.
Step #4. Tap on Auto-update apps.
Step #5. Now, you have three options:
- Do not auto-update apps. If you want to completely turn off automatic app updates, you need to select Do not auto-update apps.
- Auto-update apps at any time. Data charges may apply: Do not select this option.
- Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only: You also have the option to auto-update apps only when you’re connected to a WiFi network. Tap Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only in the same pop-up.
The better option is to go to auto-update using Wi-Fi. In case, you have completely disabled auto-update, you will have to update apps manually.
To update apps manually, you need to go to Google Play→ Open the navigation drawer → tap on My apps & games→ you have the option to update one app at a time or update all of them at one go.
- How to Downgrade Android Apps to Older Version without Root
- How to Access Apps from the Pull Down Menu on Android Phone
- How to Fix App Crashing Issue on Android
This was pretty easy to stop the app from updating automatically on Android. Hope now you have a disabled auto update with the above steps. Don’t forget to share us your feedback if you found any change and improvement.