Before getting into the details of setting up VPN, let’s understand what VPN is! VPN or Virtual Private Network acts as a secure tunnel for two or more devices connected for gaming, data sharing or web-surfing. It will not only protect your private web traffic from snooping, interference, and censorship but will also allow you to safely surf any unknown web network. Thus by enabling VPN on your Android device, your personal data, as well as your online activities both, will remain private and secure.
How To Set Up a VPN on Android Oreo device
In other versions of Android, while setting up a VPN, it may ask for a permission to view your internet activity of apps. Follow below-given steps.
Step #1. Open Settings app on your Android Oreo device.
Steps #7. Go to ‘Server address’ and type the server address provided by your VPN service.
- Here you will get option 1. DNS Settings. Enter the details of DNS search domains and DNS servers provided by your VPN service providers. You can leave them.
- Option 2. Forwarding routes as it is as it will be added manually by your VPN Service Provider Company.
- On the “Username” section, enter the username provided by your VPN service.
- Enter the “Password” provided by your VPN service.
- Select the checkbox beside “Always-on VPN” in Android 8.0 Oreo, if available. When all done, tap on “Save” to proceed.
That was all. Hope you find the above guide helpful in setting up VPN on your Android Oreo 8.0 device. Feel free to drop your queries or suggestions in the comment section below and stay connected with us on our Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus for more articles.
Apart from this, if you want to make your Oreo device more secure, you can set up facial recognition lock on it. Check out our previous blog, ‘How to Setup Facial Recognition on Android Oreo 8.0 Device‘ for the complete procedure.