Apple has been providing a great platform to sync your contact, emails, and other important data on the iCloud account. If you have used it on your iOS for a long time and you just decided to switch to Android, then do not worry. You will still be able to set up an iCloud Account on Android device. Well, it’s bit of difficult job, but not impossible. Here’s how it works right ways!
Well, Apple doesn’t at all times be good friendly with other operating systems. Thankfully, there are some ways to check iCloud email on Android phone. As I said that the procedure is not that simple, you will require adding your iCloud account as IMAP, input incoming, outgoing SMTP server addresses and Port number, etc. if you are familiar with IMAP or SMTP, the steps will be easy for you. If you are fresh, do not worry. Here’s how to add the iCloud account on your Android phone.
How to Add iCloud Email Account on Android Device
Step #1. Open Settings on your Android device.
Step #2. Scroll down and tap in Accounts.
Step #3. Tap Add Account.
Step #4. Tap on Personal (IMAP) or Gmail if the option is there. If you select a Gmail option, your Gmail account will automatically sync your iCloud data, but you need to complete step 6.
Step #5. Enter your iCloud e-mail address and password and tap Next.
Step #6. Now you need to set the server settings manually by filling up following detail:
Incoming mail server:
- Server name: imap.mail.me.com
- Security Type: SSL or TLS but it is recommended to SSL/TLS (Accept all certificates)
- SSL required: Yes
- Port: 993
- Username: you just need to enter the name portion of your iCloud email address. If it’s email@example.com, just the “surajpadmasali” part.
- Password: Enter your iCloud email id password, and You can also choose to generate an app-specific password.
Outgoing mail server:
- Server name: smtp.mail.me.com
- Security Type: SSL or TLS but it is recommended to TLS (accept all certificates)
- SSL Required: Yes
- Port: 587
- SMTP Authentication Required: Yes
- Username: Enter your full iCloud email address, including the @icloud.com part
- Password: Use the password you used in the incoming mail server section, whether it was your original or the app-specific password you generated.
Step #7. The final step is a tap on Next or Continue.
Now you will be able to access iCloud emails, photos, contacts and more stuff on your Android phone or tablet.
Take a quick look at our iCloud related posts as well:
- How to Transfer iCloud Calendar to Android Phone
- How to Transfer iCloud Drive Files to Google Drive
- How to Clear iCloud Storage on iPhone, iPad, Mac and Windows PC
Well, have you followed this guide? If you have faced any issue regarding setting up an iCoud account on your Android phone, then you are always welcomed to ask anything. Let us know any questions in comments below or on our Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus.