The much-awaited video calling app called “Duo” from Google is out. Boasting of some interesting features like Knock Knock, it has created a lot of buzz. The ultra-elegant video calling app is set to challenge FaceTime, Skype, and Facebook Messenger. Duo is available for both Android and iOS.
Setting up Duo is pretty simple. It requires you to sign up using your phone number rather than your email; thereby making it a lot easier to chat with your friends or anyone who are already in your contact list. Looking to get started with this app? Let’s find out!
How to Set Up Google Duo on Android and iPhone
Step #2. Next, you need to launch Duo.
Step #3. Now, you have to agree to Google’s Terms and Conditions.
Step #4. Up next, you have to accept permissions:
- Allow Duo to take pictures and video, record audio.
- Give it the access to your contacts.
- Allow it to send and view text messages to let it send invites to your contacts.
Step #4. Next, you need to type in your phone number which you want to use with Google Duo.
Step #5. You will receive a text message to verify your number. The app will be able to read the verification code text message itself, but if it doesn’t, you need to enter it manually. (If the SMS code is not working, you can receive an automated voice call with the code.)
That’s it! Now, go ahead and start chatting with your friends.
How to Make a call in Google Duo on Android/iPhone
Step #1. Simply tap on Video Call.
Step #2. Select the person you want to call from your contacts or type in the phone number.
Make sure to include the country code along with the phone number. As for instance, a U.S. number will begin with 1 followed by the phone number.
Now, the app will call your contact and make your video visible with Knock Knock.
Step #3. Tap on the red phone button at the bottom center of your screen to end the call.
If your caller has turned on Knock Knock feature, you will see what he/she is up to.
How to Receive Video Call in Google Duo on Android/iPhone
Step #1. Tap on the Green call button to accept it. And Tap on the red button to Decline it.
How to Use In-call controls in Google Duo on Android/iPhone
- Tap on the mute button above your video preview in the bottom left corner in order to mute any call.
- Tap on the camera button above the mute button on the left side of the screen in order to switch cameras during a call.
- To switch between Bluetooth and the internal speaker/microphone, you need to use the Bluetooth button above the camera button at the left side of the screen.