At the starting this fall, Apple reveals the new safety feature called on “Do Not Disturb while Driving” on iOS 11. When you turn on “Do Not Disturb while Driving” in iOS 11 on your iPhone, your device will automatically aware that you’re in the car by connected USB or Bluetooth connection of your iPhone to a car. Apple has introduced this feature to keep you safe on the road while driving. If you are regularly driving and got irritated with notification on iPhone, then you must follow this straightforward guide to enable and use “Do Not Disturb while Driving” feature in iOS 11.
Apple’s Senior Vice President of Software Engineering Craig Federighi said at WWDC when announcing the “Do Not Disturb while Driving” feature that “It’s all about keeping your eyes on the road” also added “When you’re driving, you don’t need to respond to this kind of messages. In fact, you don’t need to see them.”
Apple also said that it will use the speed-detection to know that user is in the car and driving. So when you are driving and enabled the feature, your iPhone will not display any notifications. It can also automatically send a text message to those who are trying to reach you when you are driving. In addition, a user also has an option let go the notice by tapping the “I’m not driving” that show up when you receive the warning. Let’s find out how to turn on “Do Not Disturb while Driving” in iOS 11 on iPhone before get collide.
How to Enable and Use “Do Not Disturb while Driving” in iOS 11 on iPhone
- How to Turn ON/Enable “Do Not Disturb while Driving” in iOS 11 on iPhone
- How to Add Do Not Disturb while Driving to Control Center in iOS 11 on iPhone
- How to Customize “Auto Reply” in Do Not Disturb while Driving in iOS 11
- How to Turn Off/Disable “Do Not Disturb While Driving” in iOS 11 on iPhone
How to Turn ON/Enable “Do Not Disturb while Driving” in iOS 11 on iPhone
Note: Currently, the “Do Not Disturb while Driving” feature is available in iOS 11 beta, so it may not work properly sometimes.
Step #1. Launch Settings app on your iPhone.
- Automatically: When you choose this option, your iPhone uses its sensors and the Wi-Fi connected feature to Turn ON Do Not Disturb while Driving when it doubts that you are driving.
- When Connected to Car Bluetooth: When you activate this option, your device will only enable Do Not Disturb while Driving when your iPhone connected to your car via Bluetooth.
- Manually: If you do not want this feature always turn on automatically on your screen, and then you can use it to show up in the Control Center.
How to Add Do Not Disturb while Driving to Control Center in iOS 11 on iPhone
Step #1. Open Settings app on your iOS 11 running device.
Step #2. Next, Tap on Control Center and then tap on Customise Controls.
How to Customize “Auto Reply” in Do Not Disturb while Driving in iOS 11
Step #1. Open Settings app → “Do not Disturb.”
Step #2. Tap on “Auto-Reply To.”
In a case of emergency, they just need to reply with “Urgent” to your auto-reply message then will get the message of your friend.
How to Turn Off/Disable “Do Not Disturb While Driving” in iOS 11 on iPhone
To Disable “Do Not Disturb While Driving” in your iOS 11, you just need to pull up the Control Center and tap on car icon to Turn Off Do Not Disturb While Driving, you can do it whether your device is locked or not.
There is one more shortcut available to turn-off DNDWD that you can tap on the notification with “You will not receive notifications while you are driving” and then the screen will show you options – “I’m Not Driving” or “Disable Do Not Disturb While Driving”, you can select any one of them to disable the feature.
Now you can primarily focus on your driving without any unnecessary distraction. Well, Apple is still working on the “Do Not Disturb While Driving” feature to make it more friendly and safe.
You may also read our iOS 11 related posts:
- How to Instantly Share WiFi Password in iOS 11 from iPhone and iPad
- How to Set Up and Enable Auto Answer Phone Calls on iPhone in iOS 11
- How to Send/Request Money via iMessage with Apple Pay in iOS 11 on iPhone
- How to Use One-Handed Keyboard Mode on iPhone in iOS 11