Today, there are a number of Android smartphones like Nexus 6P, Samsung Galaxy S7 which feature Fingerprint scanner. Mostly a lot of Android device users, including me, use Fingerprint scanner to unlock their device. It provides both much-needed security and comfort in using your phone, doesn’t it?
But, do you know that you can also use the Fingerprint sensor to authorize payments made with Android Pay and even authorize purchases such as apps, games, music, e-books, or in-app content on Google Play.
In order to authorize purchases on Google Play, you will have to enable Fingerprint authentication on your Android Marshmallow smartphone. Here is how you can get started with it!
Must Check Out:
- Make sure your smartphone is running Android 6.0 Marshmallow or up.
- Authentication is needed for every digital content purchase via Google Play (including within apps).
- When you authenticate for a purchase, you will be allowed to continue to buy digital contents through Google Play for the next 30 minutes without having to authenticate again.
- You don’t require authentication for purchases. If you disable authentication, it may result in unauthorized purchases.
- You always require authentication for purchases through Google Play within apps designated for ages 12 and under.
- If you create a family on Google Play, your family members will be able to use the family payment method to make purchases through Google Play.
How to Enable Fingerprint Payment for Google Play on Android Phone
Step #1. First off, you need to launch Google Play app on your Android device.
Step #2. Next up, you will have to tap on the menu icon from top left corner.
Step #3. Now, tap on Settings.
Step #4. Up next, you have to check the box next to Fingerprint authentication.
Step #5. Finally, enter a password. You have to enter a password only when you first set up fingerprint authentication.
That’s all! If you ever want to disable the fingerprint scanner on your device, simply follow all the steps mentioned above and turn it off in the end.
Like this article? Share it with your friends and do let us know your feedback as well.