Follow the simple process mentioned here to save plenty of your cellular data by enabling Data Saver in your Android 7.0 Nougat smartphone.
To control your cellular data cap on your Android Nougat smartphone, you must be using the inbuilt app which allows the warning when you are just near to cross over your data limit. But if you are wondering that despite using this software how on earth you are reaching the cap before the deadline? To solve the problem, you must enable the Data Saver feature on your Android Nougat smartphone.
The answer to your question on using out cellular phone’s data limit lies in the apps which are running behind the scene. So, even if you feel that you are not using much of your cellular data on your smartphone, those apps hiding behind will suck your data without your knowledge.
To solve this problem first, we need to address the problem and know what exactly it is. If we are aware the cause of the problem then only we know its implications on your cellular data and can understand the solution we are going to provide in a better manner.
How to Turn Enable/Disable Data Saver in Android 7.0 Nougat
Let us start knowing about Data saver, why you need it, how it works and at the end how you can enable it on your Android Nougat device.
What is Data Saver?
- Data Saver’s enables your smartphone to use less data when it is on, and thus it saves users money.
- It blocks the background data used by certain apps hiding behind the scenes.
- It allows those background apps are running when you are not using a capped data network (e.g. WiFi connection), and hence it is smart, flexible and user-friendly.
- It works with all cellular data networks and plans, including prepaid plans. This means you will save plenty of money by using Data Saver.
Why Should I use Data Saver in Android Nougat Enabled Smartphone?
- The cellular data rates aren’t that expensive, but they don’t come at cheap prices as well. Just imagine, if you are traveling abroad and at a critical moment your entire cap on your cellular data is over what will be your situation?
- If you don’t care much about data plan you are using and its price, then what about the battery? Enabling Data Saver stops background apps from running, and hence it will save plenty of your battery life. In the longer term, your battery will live longer than without enabling Data Saver.
- We download too many apps but don’t know about how they run and when they run. If you feel those apps are still necessary then you can control their functioning by using Data Saver when you are not using them, simple, isn’t it?
What If I Want a Certain and Important App to Run in the Background
If you feel that, that particular app is must run even in the background, then you just add that app in your ‘Whitelist,’ a feature provided in Data Saver app. The app will continue to work even in the background.
How can I Enable/Disable Data Saver in Android Nougat
If you are now sure about the need to control your cellular data and also satisfied that your preferred apps can still run in the background with the help of the ‘Whitelist’ feature, then as advised it is a good idea to enable Data Saver on your Android Nougat enabled smartphone. The process is very simple, and all you need to do is to follow the steps given below.
Step #1. Go to your home screen and pull down the notification shade, tap on the cog wheel icon which is for settings at the top right corner of your screen.
Step #2. Now, Tap on Data Usage option Under Wireless and Network Section
Step #3. Tap on the menu button at the top of the right corner, and then select ‘Data Saver’ option.
Step #4. Next, Turn ‘ON’ the Data Saver switch.
Step #5. Next up, tap on Unrestricted data access.
Turn ‘ON’ the switch next to the app, which you want to remain unrestricted while using your cellular data.
This is how you can enable Data Saver in Android Nougat. Just in case if you have a change of heart and want to disable it, you just need to follow the same steps and just toggle the switch to OFF as mentioned in Step #3.
Tell us how helpful you found this tutorial which enables/disable Data Saver in Android Nougat. Give your worthy feedback here in the comments section.