There is no doubt that Facebook is the most popular social media platform with around 1.40 billion daily active users. However, #deleteFacebook is now trending online aftershock of the biggest Cambridge Analytica scandal with Facebook. Since after that, many users have decided to deactivate the Facebook account and move to other alternative apps.
Well, deleting Facebook is not a tough task, but deciding to get out from the Facebook world is the big thing I guess. Probably, Facebook has already used your personal detail, but you still have time to keep your Facebook Personal data protected from being used in future. So, if you are sure about your action, then let’s move to the guide to delete or deactivate Facebook account on Android or iPhone.
How to Delete or Deactivate Facebook Account Permanently on Android, iPhone or Computer
Note: Do not forget to download your all photos, videos, chat conversation, and more data that you have shared or used in your Facebook account.
To download your Facebook data, Open Facebook in your computer browser→ Go to Settings → Under the General tab, click “Download a copy” of your Facebook data → “Start My Archive” → Again hit the “Start My Archive” button.
How to Deactivate Facebook Account on Android or iPhone
- If you choose this action, you will be able to reactive your account whenever you want.
- People can’t see your timeline or search for you.
- Some of your messages remain visible.
Step #1. Launch Facebook App on your smartphone.
Step #2. Go to the Account Settings → Tap on General.
Step #3. Now, tap on Manage Account.
Step #4. Select Deactivate.
Step #5. Now re-enter your password and then tap on Continue.
Step #6. Select your reason and hit the Deactivate button at the bottom.
Well, you can reactivate your account any time logging with your email and password.
How to Delete Facebook Account Permanently on iPhone, Android or PC
- If you are going to do this, keep in your mind that you can’t regain your account one it’s been deleted.
- If you log back into your Facebook account in the deleting period, then the request will get canceled.
- It will take around 90 days to delete your Facebook account permanently. They can’t access your data during this time.
Step #1. Open any web browser on your PC or Smartphone.
Step #2. Go to the https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account page. (If you are not logged in, then do it now)
Step #3. Read the note carefully, if you are sure then click “Delete My Account” button and follow the prompts to say goodbye to the Facebook for the rest of your life.
- How to Delete Unroll.me Account and Remove Access to Gmail Account
- How to Permanently Deactivate/Delete Your Snapchat Account
- How to Delete Your Amazon Account Permanently
- How to Delete an Instagram Profile on Android, iPhone, and Computer
What Your Reason for deleting the Facebook account?
Hope these two methods helped you to remove your Facebook account from the social media world. Well, deleting Facebook is the big step, right? If you have taken this steps, then there might be the valid reason behind this move. You are welcomed to share it with us here in the comments or on Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus.