WhatsApp undoubtedly the best messaging app with more than 1 million daily active users. It keeps updating once in a while with new and exciting features. In the recent update, you can delete wrongly sent WhatsApp message on the smartphone. Alongside, it has the impressive function of adding stickers, text or draw on photos and videos in WhatsApp on iPhone and Android.
Now WhatsApp user can write on photo or video before sending it to the other user with his index finger or the inbuilt text tool. WhatsApp User can also add stickers from a variety of stickers now provided on the world’s premium chatting app WhatsApp. Well, if you don’t know how to use this new feature, then follow this guide to understand how it works!
How to Add Stickers, Text or Draw on Photos/Videos in WhatsApp on iPhone and Android
Step #1. Launch the WhatsApp app on your smartphone.
Step #2. Open the chat window of your contact or a group whom you wish to send a photo with the new edits.
Step #3. Tap and hold the camera icon.
Step #4. Now you can see your camera is ready to click a picture. You will also see photos and videos in a row just above the flash button. So you may either click a new photograph or choose photos from that raw.
Step #5. Once the photo has been taken or chosen from the row you will see a few options on the screen they are Crop, Stickers, Text, and Pen respectively. Tap on the one which you wish to use.
Step #6. If you wish to crop the photo you are having right now on your screen you can use that tool.
Step #7. You can choose the sticker of your likings by tapping on the sticker’s option.
- Once you have chosen the sticker, you can move it around the photo with your fingertip and leave it where you want to fix it.
- If you wish to add any caption, then you can just add the photo by using the keyboard and then send it.
- If you have chosen a wrong sticker, then you can use the “undo” button which has now appeared just before the crop tool button.
- If you are satisfied with the choice of your sticker, you can now send the photo as you normally do.
Step #8. If you want to use the inbuilt text, then tap on “T” just next to the stickers’ tool button.
- You may choose the color of your text before or after writing the text on your photo from the color bar appearing on the right side of your screen.
- Once you have written the text, press enter on your keyboard, and that text will appear right on the center of your picture, which you can move by using your fingertip and leave it where you want to fix it.
- If you want to undo or change the text just tap on the undo icon appeared before the crop tool.
- Once you are done with writing and fixing your text, you can send the message.
Step #9. If you want to write something or want to create a crazy shape yourself with your fingertip, and then tap on the Pen icon, the last one out of the four.
- Once you have tapped the Pen icon a color bar will appear on the right side of your screen, choose the color which you wish your text or shape would have.
- Now write anything or make any shape you wish to make on the photo by using your fingertip. This will work even on those phones which don’t have S-Pen support.
- If you wish to edit whatever you have done on the photo with your fingertip just tap on the “undo” button appeared just before the crop button.
- Once satisfied, you can send the photo with the text or shape made by you by using your fingertip just like you send a normal message.
The steps we have provided here are in details so it may look a long process, but believe us they are easy to do. Just follow the steps we have given one by one, and you will start enjoying this new feature on your WhatsApp within no time. Now it’s time for you to surprise your friends.