‘Google Now’ which is an extraordinary launcher from Google is quickly becoming popular among some of the best Android launcher apps. Today, we are going to provide you the list of Google Now voice commands, which will help you immensely to reduce some of the works you want to avoid otherwise.
This Google Now voice commands will make your daily life easy and will take care of almost everything which relates to you. Make your travel plans and then leave it to Google Home to remind you about your flight details or nearby restaurant even when you are at an unknown place.
List of Google Now Voice Commands
There must be some questions in your mind which relate to general information, or you may call them quick questions. You can get the quick answer from your Google Voice by asking it the following commands.
- How old is [Donald Trump]?
- Where was [Leonardo de Caprio] born?
- Define [colloquial] (Or “What does [a word] mean?”)
- What time is it in [New Delhi]?
- Search for [some cooking tips]
- Show me pictures of [the Eiffel Tower]
- For the latest information on Weather: Do I need an umbrella today? What’s the weather
- like? What’s the weather in [San Jose] [this weekend]?
- What the [AT&T] stock price? What is [Samsung] trading at?
- What’s [100 yards] in [miles]? What is [100 tons] in [kilograms]?
- What’s  divided by [16.5589]? (You may ask any sum, and Google Now will respond.)
- Search [Google Images] for [Wallpapers]
Do not miss any message, Facebook post or a Tweet. Just give these commands and keep yourself connected.
- Show me my last messages. (After saying this you need to follow voice prompts)
- Call [Matthew] (This also works well with relationships: Call [mom])
- Call [Plummer] on speakerphone
- Text [Gene] [great party last night!] (This also works with relationships: Text [sister] [I won’t be able to come to your home this Sunday, Sorry Sis!])
- Send email to [Sam Petro], subject, [meeting], message, [Type the message you want to send to your friend here.]
- Post to [Twitter]: [I would love to be at the World Series Finals!]
What is Spanish for [How do you do?]
- [Send a Hangout message] to [Brother].
- Send a [WhatsApp] message to [Susi]: Hang on, I’m going to get more coffee. (works with all most all the leading chat messengers.)
Control Your Device
Let Google Now make sure that you get all the websites and other important things done by giving it a command or two.
- Open [facebook.com]
- Take a photo (or “Take a picture” will also do)
- Record a video
- Open [WhatsApp]
- Turn [on / off] [Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Flashlight]
Navigation and Travel
Are you going to an unknown destination? Don’t worry; Google Now will be your local guide. Just use these command, and you will find that place familiar.
- Where is the nearest [Pizza Hut Joint]?
- Navigate to [Twin Towers, New York]
- Directions to [The Place You Want to Go] by [Car] (you may also try “Directions to
- [place you wish to visit]” or “How do I get [Place You Wish to Travel]?”)
- Where is [the Bar]?
- Show me the menu for [Restaurant’s Name]
- Call [The Name of the Institution]
- Show me my flight info [to The Place You Are Traveling]
- Where’s my hotel?
- What are some attractions around here?
- How do you say [good night] in [French]?
- What is [20,000 Euros] in [dollars]?
- What’s the flight status of [Emirates] flight [Flight Number]?
- Show me restaurants near my home-or-Give me directions back to my home
Note: This command works only if you received hotel confirmation on your Gmail account)
Productivity with Google Now
You would never like to miss a single thing when you have a hectic day. Google Now will certainly help you to get things organized and will make it sure that you don’t
- What’s the tip for [133 dollars]?
- Set an alarm for [5:00 am]
- Set a timer for [15 minutes]
- Create a calendar event: [Meeting with executives, 20th November 11:00 AM.]
- Remind me to [buy groceries at 6 pm] (You may even try specific locations! Remind me to [buy tea bags at Walmart])
- What is my schedule for Thursday? (You may also try: What does my day look like [Thursday]?)
- Where’s my package from London? (Note: the tracking confirmation must be in your Gmail)
- Make a note: [update my software] or you may also try “Note to self:” This works with multiple apps, and you can even send an email yourself!)
- Find [Flower shop’s name] [phone number] (This works better with all info in your contacts – addresses, birthdays, etc.)
- Show me my bills. (or try this: My bills due this week.)
Feeling bored? Has nothing much to get entertainment? Mention following commands and let Google Now entertain you.
- Play [tic-tac-toe] (or just say the name of the game you wish to play.)
- Play some music (This will open “I’m feeling lucky” radio station in Google Play Music)
- Next Song or Pause Song
- Play [Happy] (Such songs must be there in your Google Play Music on your device)
- Watch [Titanic] (movies and TV must be in your Google Play account)
- What’s this song?
- Listen to TV
- What songs does [Artist’s Name] sing?
- Read [ebook’s Name]
- What movies are playing [tonight/tomorrow]? Where is [Movie’s Name] playing?
Command your Sports
Don’t be left behind about the latest happenings in the wide world of sports. Once you return home from your work, ask your Google Now about latest scores and much more by asking following commands.
- Say a team name to get the most recent score during the season.
- When is the next [Team’s Name] game?
- Where are the [Team’s Name] in the [Tournament’s Name] standings?
- Who does [Player’s Name] play for?
- Who won [Tournament’s Name]?
- When is the [Tournament’s Name final]?
- Did the [Sports Team’s Name] win today? What’s the score in the [Sports team’s Name] game?
Fun hidden stuff
The commands mentioned below are just for the fun sake. If you are bored or tired, try few of these funny commands and feel better, in fact much better because a smile can reduce your tiredness right?
- What sounds does a [Animal’s or Bird’s Name] make?
- Flip a coin
- Roll dice (rolls a single six-sided die)
- What is the loneliest number?
- Do a barrel roll!
- Askew / Tilt
- Go Gadget [Name the Gadget]
- When am I?
- Make me a sandwich
- Sudo make me a sandwich
- Who’s on first?
- Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right
- Tell me a joke
- Who are you?
- Beam me up, Scotty!
- What is [Jennifer Lawrence’s] Bacon number?
So these are the most important voice commands for Google Now, which you will use almost every day or at the time of traveling.