Versa is the latest smartwatch introduced by Fitbit after Ionic and Blaze. This is a more appealing smartwatch than Ionic, so says the industry insiders. But then the best things tend to throw tantrums at times. Fitbit Versa fails to sync with your Android phone and doesn’t show anything on the Fitbit app on the connected Android device. When your Fitbit Versa is not syncing with Android, you can follow some simple solutions to fix the issue.
This troubleshooting guide is divided into two sections. In the first section, we will discuss the requirements you must have on your smartwatch and smartphone to experience smooth syncing. And in the second section, we will offer you a few solutions to fix the syncing issue.
How to Fix Fitbit Versa is Not Syncing with Android Issue
First, check the requirements on your watch and smartphone:
- Your Fitbit app is installed on a supported phone or tablet. You can check this by visiting this link.
- Check the version of Fitbit app on your Android device. There should be the latest version of the app on your phone or tablet.
- Allow Fitbit app to run in the background of your phone.
- Check the Bluetooth settings on your phone; it should be on: Settings ⟶ Bluetooth.
- Check the software (operating system) on your Android phone or tablet. Your device should run the latest software version. To check this: Settings ⟶ About Phone or About Device ⟶ Android Version.
- Keep Location Services turned on and Fitbit app must have permission to access your location.
- If you have connected more than one device with your phone via Bluetooth, you need to keep other devices away; in case, the other device is close to the smartwatch and your phone, you should turn off Bluetooth on that device.
- The battery status on your Fitbit Versa should show more than 70% battery. If the battery is critically low, you need to charge your Fitbit watch immediately.
- The firmware on your Fitbit Versa should be up to date.
After checking above requirements, you can now go ahead and follow some simple solutions to sync Fitbit Versa to Android.
Keep the Always-Connected option ON in your Fitbit app. This improves the Bluetooth connection between your smartphone and Fitbit Versa. However, this feature will drain the battery on your Fitbit smartwatch.
Turn on All-Day Sync in your Fitbit app. This feature prompts your Fitbit device to sync with the Fitbit app regularly, but it will also badly affect the battery life on your Fitbit or and smartphone.
If your device is still not synced, you can try some simple solutions listed below.
Force quit your Fitbit app and then reopen it on your Android phone or tablet. To force quit the app, summon the app switcher and then swipe up/down/left/right the app card (this process may vary according to your Android device).
Turn Off/Turn On Bluetooth
Your smartwatch is connected to your phone via Bluetooth. If the connectivity is not established properly between the two devices, you need to turn off Bluetooth on your phone and then turn it on.
Launch Settings ⟶ Bluetooth ⟶ Turn off and Turn On.
Restart Fitbit Versa
After turning off/on Bluetooth, launch the Fitbit app and check the status. If the syncing issue continues, you need to restart your smartwatch, i.e., Fitbit Versa.
Step #1. Press and hold back (left) and bottom buttons of Fitbit Versa simultaneously.
Step #2. Fitbit logo will appear on the screen.
It will take less than 10 seconds.
Step #3. Finally, release the buttons.
Uninstall & Reinstall the app
If there is an important update in the Fitbit app, you should quickly update the app. However, sometimes, the app doesn’t update properly, and therefore, users have to uninstall and reinstall the app.
Settings ⟶ Apps ⟶ Application list ⟶ Locate the app and tap on it ⟶ Tap Uninstall ⟶ Tap OK.
Now go to the Google Play Store and install Fitbit app on your Android device.
Use a different phone
It sounds something is wrong with your Android phone? You should try to log into your Fitbit account using a different phone or tablet. And then try to sync your Fitbit Versa with the app on that changed device.
Finally, when every solution fails to yield a result, you should try to all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your Android device, and then try to sync.
Hopefully, above solutions will work for you and your Fitbit Versa should sync with your Android phone or tablet.
You may like to explore:
- How to Reply To Text Messages on Fitbit Versa
- Best Fitbit Versa Tips and Tricks
- Best Fitbit Versa Bands
- Best Fitbit Versa Screen Protectors