“Cannot Connect to iTunes Store” is one of the most common errors that may appear while accessing the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, or App Store. It takes place due to internet connection issue or if you are using Apple’s digital content stores while it has been updating.
If you are being overwhelmed by this annoying error, then you do not need to worry at all. There is always a cure to a problem and we are with some of the handy techniques to fix “Cannot Connect to iTunes Store” error. Just go through these solutions and start enjoying the contents from iTunes Store, iBooks Store, or App Store.
How to Fix Cannot Connect to iTunes Store Error
Solution #1: Disable/Enable iTunes Restrictions Controls
Out first suggestion is to disable/enable the iTunes Restriction control on your Mac to override the Cannot Connect to iTunes Store issue. This is one of the best solutions that work great and exit the error. Once you follow this, you won’t see the error anymore. Follow below steps to get it done:
Step #1. Open iTunes and go to Preference from the top menu.
Step #4. Go back to the Restriction tab and enable both options that you have disabled in step 2.
Solution #2: Check Time and Date Settings
If you have a habit of not checking the correct time and date, then iTunes will have a problem with that. So just go to Settings → General → Date & Time and make sure that you adjust correct time and date. It is a good idea that you put the toggle against ‘Set Automatically’ option to ON.
Solution #3: Is your iOS up-to-date?
It is necessary for you to have the latest version of your iOS. Otherwise, you will face this error for sure. So again go to Settings → General → Software Update and make sure you get the most recent software in your iOS-enabled device.
Solution #4: Check your Data Connection
Whether it is a WiFi connection or a Cellular/Mobile Data connection, most of the people always turn the data connection on. Just go to Settings and then to WiFi and check you are getting good signal strength or not. You can also make sure by going to Settings → Cellular/ Mobile Data and check if you are keeping the toggle switch to on or not.
Solution #5: Turn off VPN
Apple’s iTunes may not allow you to access it because you might be running a VPN. It is advisable to turn off your VPN for some time so that you can see whether you can connect to iTunes or not. Go to Settings and then tap on VPN to disable it. If the error is no longer bothering you then from next time, keep in mind that it is VPN which is giving you the trouble.
Solution #6: Isolate two iOS Devices
You need to check whether the problem is restricted to just one iOS device or not. Because when you have two iOS devices connected, it is hard to decide which device is problematic. So check one device after the other and see whether it is iPhone, iPad or Mac device is making trouble. Once you find the troublemaker, make sure you clear it.
Solution #7: Check your Router
If you are getting good signals from your ISP and still you are not able to get rid of ‘Cannot Connect to iTunes Store’ error, then there must be a problem with your router. So, resetting your router is the best solution under such circumstances. This might solve the problem.
Solution #8: Check if Apple’s Servers are down
Hope you are aware of Apple’s System Status Page. This page gives very useful information about each of its services. So just visit the page and check whether your error is due to some problem with Apple servers or not. If everything is working smoothly at Apple, then the trouble must be with your device.
Solution #9: App Store on Mac Specific Problem
Like we mentioned above regarding iOS update is the must. Likewise, your Mac also needs an up-to-date version. Even if it is updated and still you are finding it difficult to use Mac App Store, iBook Store or iTunes Store then you must follow these steps.
- Update your OS X operating system if you are using an out-dated version because OS X uses to apps which are Safari and iTunes. So the out-dated version will be blacklisted by Apple. To do that, launch the Mac App Store and open the Updates tab and then install the updates.
- Make sure that firewall settings are off; even if you are using third party firewall apps, then you must either set the settings off or allow both incoming and outgoing connections for Mac App Store, iBooks Store, and iTunes Store.
- Just like on iOS check whether VPN is making trouble or not. So, disconnect the VPN from the Menu Bar and see if the problem is solved or not.
- Reset your modem or router if nothing works from above. In many cases, this troubleshoots works correctly.
- Just like iOS check the Apple’s System Status web page on your Mac also so that you will be able to know whether there is a problem with Apple’s servers or with your device.
- Check every source possible, and for that, you even need to call your ISP provider. Some ISPs block access to certain ports which are part of the Apple’s digital content stores. So, contact your ISP and ask whether they blocked any of those content stores or not.
- For Windows users, checks the latest version of iTunes installed and see whether it is updated or not. If it is not updated, then please update it to solve the problem. Also check firewalls settings, VPN, Data settings as we followed while talking about iOS and Mac.
- For both Mac and Windows if you have anti-virus software then that too can be a troublemaker. Sometimes this anti-virus software reports iTunes as a false negative, and it blocks the internet accesses privileges. The good idea is to check this in your anti-virus software and make sure that the access for iTunes is not blocked.
Well, these are the best possible solutions to fix the ‘Cannot Connect to iTunes Store’ error. If you have any other solution to fix this, let us know it in the comments.