To make Android Pay more popular and more viable, it needs to have a far and wide reach. Google understands this logic very well, and that is why it has recently added 31 more US banks which will now accept transaction via Android Pay. Android Pay allows you to make purchases at retailers who have the NFC compliant terminals via your smartphones and also via newly launched LG Watch Sports and Style. (Know How to Set Up and Use Android Pay on Android Wear 2.0)
The announcement of adding new banks was made on the Android Pay support page recently. It is not that Google is not making any efforts to add more and more banks to the list of Android Pay. Just short time back a pattern was witnessed where Google was seen adding at least 30 banks every month, and if we follow this pattern correctly, we could notice that over a 100 banks are now part of Android Pay in last three months only.
31 New US Banks Join Hands with Android Pay
With the addition of these new 31 banks, the total number of Banks supporting Android Pay in the United States of America has gone passed 600 marks, but this is not enough. According to the United States Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), there were 6799 banks across the country in 2014. So, Google still has a long way to go to have a ‘Pan American’ presence. One must know that to run a commercial bank in the USA one needs to have FDIC insurance legally since 1989.
Because Google is putting its best effort, we might see a big number of banks getting listed in Android Pay faster than what the trend is now.
Here is the complete list of the 31 new US Banks who are now part of Android Pay:
- Carolina FCU
- Central National Bank
- Citizens Commerce National Bank
- Community Financial Credit Union
- Credit Union of Colorado
- Alcoa Pittsburgh Federal Credit Union
- America’s First FCU (Visa)
- Bank of American Fork
- Bank of Eastman/Magnolia State Bank
- Bank of Washington
- NorthCountry Federal CU
- Peoples Bank
- First Command Bank
- First State Bank of Colorado
- Fort Worth Community Credit Union
- Heartland Bank and Trust Company
- The IU Credit Union
- Plus4 Credit Union
- The Farmers & Merchants State Bank
- The Hometown Bank of Alabama
- Town & Country Bank and Trust Co.
- TTCU The Credit Union
- PrimeSouth Bank
- Publix Employees Federal Credit Union
- Service 1st Federal Credit Union
- Southern Michigan Bank & Trust
- Texas Bank and Trust
- Day Air Credit Union, Inc.
- Lewiston State Bank
- Marquette Bank
- NBT La Grange